Water has important spiritual meanings in many faiths and it is central to the ritual of baptism in the Christian church.
All Saints Anglican Church, Canowindra, is the third church on the present site. When the new church was built in 1929, a new baptismal font was installed. This is part of the 1929 font, which was replaced by a new one donated by the Cobley family when the church was extended in 1956.
Loan courtesy of Canowindra Historical Museum, Canowindra